Reveal Fresher, Rejuvenated Skin With A Chemical Peel.
Chemical peels have been a beauty go-to for decades. A variety of chemical peel solutions have been shown to improve skin tone and texture along with diminishing the signs of aging, sun damage, and acne. With several solutions available, chemical peels can be customized based on your individual skin type and concerns. That’s why we consider chemical peels a great option for almost anyone.
How do chemical peels work?
Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of skin to reveal fresher, healthier skin underneath. This is accomplished when a chemical solution containing a blend of different ingredients is applied to the skin. This solution works to peel away the damaged layers of skin at different depths, which in turn reduces imperfections and smooths lines and wrinkles. Lackluster skin is exfoliated, leaving glowing skin in its wake.
Is a chemical peel right for me?
Chemical peels are usually a good option for people who long for a more refreshed, rejuvenated appearance but don’t want to undergo a more invasive aesthetic procedure. If you’re an adult in generally good health, you may want to consider a chemical peel if you’re concerned with the following skin conditions:
- Aging skin (fine lines & wrinkles)
- Acne scarring
- Enlarged pores
- Skin roughness
Whether you’ve had a chemical peel before or you’re a first timer, we’ll make sure you’re well informed and help you choose the peel that works best for you during your private consultation.
What can I expect during and after my chemical peel?
Before we apply the chemical solution, we’ll cleanse your skin thoroughly to get rid of any dirt and oil remnants that may be present. Then we’ll apply the solution that best aligns with your individual goals and skin type. You may experience some numbness or tingling, depending on the depth of the peel used. After the solution has had time to work its magic on your skin, it’s then washed off. Your skin will peel over the course of about three days following treatment.
Discomfort with chemical peels is most often very minimal. Your skin may appear red or flushed for several days afterward, but this typically dissipates quickly. Regular application of sunscreen is imperative in the days and weeks after your peel treatment.
What types of chemical peels are available?
At Derm Aesthetics of Northern Kentucky, we utilize the following trusted peel methods:
- Perfect 10 Peel – The Perfect 10 Peel contains a blend of salicylic acid, lactic acid, resorcinol, glycolic acid, pyruvic acid, tartaric acid and mandelic acid. This blend helps to boost exfoliation and results, offering numerous advantages such as improving skin texture and tone through a superior exfoliation process.
- VI Peel – VI Peels are medical-grade chemical peels typically used to treat acne, acne scarring, fine lines, sun damage, age spots, wrinkles, melasma, and enlarged pores. The VI peel goes deeper than many other peels by penetrating the dermis layer of the skin.
- Glycolic Acid Peel – Glycolic peels penetrate the skin at medium to deep levels and tend to be great for exfoliation. This is primarily due to glycolic acid’s small molecular structure, which allows for it to penetrate more easily, aiding in restoring a healthy glow to aging skin.
- TCA Peel – Trichloroacetic acid, or TCA, is an effective chemical agent used to exfoliate and renew the skin from a superficial to deep level. This is one of the most versatile chemical peels. The potential for slightly longer-lasting results often make it an ideal option for people who prefer less peeling sessions at the cost of a bit more downtime.
- Jessner Peel – Like other chemical peels, the Jessner peel is performed by brushing on a chemical solution to remove the top layer of skin and encourage new skin to grow. A modified Jessner solution can effectively reduce melasma and pigmentation imperfections in darker skin. It’s also shown to be effective at reducing the appearance of acne scars when used as a superficial peel.
Though each solution provides some varying benefits depending on your individual concerns, they all perform the same general function of removing dull or damaged outer layers of skin to reveal healthier skin underneath. We’ll discuss your beauty goals during your consultation to determine which peel best meets your needs.
What are the typical results from a chemical peel treatment?
Optimum results usually take a few days to show up following your peel treatment. Once all peeling is done and your skin completely heals, you’ll relish in a more radiant, younger-looking complexion for anywhere from two to six months, depending on the degree of peel you choose.
What’s my next step in getting a chemical peel in Northern Kentucky?
To learn more about chemical peels and the great benefit they can provide for your skin, a private consultation at Derm Aesthetics of Northern Kentucky is a great place to start. Call us at (859) 363-5394 and be on your way to glowing skin!