Restore Volume, Smooth Wrinkles, And Augment Your Features Without Surgery.
Our skin naturally loses volume and elasticity as we age, resulting in the formation of those pesky lines and wrinkles and even leading to moderate sagging of the skin. If you desire to address these unwanted effects of time but aren’t yet ready to (or don’t want to) undergo a surgical facelift, we offer some popular minimally invasive options to provide effective results. Dermal fillers prove to be a great treatment option for contouring the features of the face, replenishing lost volume where wrinkles have formed, and regaining an overall smoother, more youthful appearance.
How do dermal fillers work?
Fillers are injected into the skin where lines and wrinkles have formed and essentially fill in those areas to create a smoothing effect. Most fillers contain hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring substance in the body that serves as the building block of supple, youthful skin. Sadly, HA production diminishes with age, hence the need for replenishment with fillers. HA holds much more than its own weight in water, so it adds both fullness and hydration when injected in the form of dermal fillers. HA also helps boost your own natural collagen production, leading to more long-term results for regular users.
Other fillers on the market contain calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA), a mineral-like compound found naturally in your bones. CaHA is biosynthetically produced, which means there are no animal products used. This translates to a lower risk for allergic reaction. This type of filler is also known to produce very natural results with a low risk of side effects. In fact, CaHA filler was first used in dentistry and reconstructive surgery and has a long track record of safety.
What specific skin concerns can fillers address?
Fillers can effectively provide beautiful facial balancing in the following ways:
- Enhance thin lips
- Fill in shallow contours
- Smooth facial lines and wrinkles
- Plump the cheeks
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour issues in the face
- Diminish or eliminate shadows beneath the lower eyelids
In addition to the face, fillers are also a great for restoring lost volume in the hands.
What filler brands are available at Derm Aesthetics of Northern Kentucky?
We’re proud to provide a host of trusted dermal fillers to meet your aesthetic goals. These include:
- Radiesse® – Radiesse, Radiesse+, and Hyper-diluted Radiesse are the first CaHA fillers available that provide both immediate, natural-looking results and long-term improvement, which can translate into a year or more for many cases. Upon injection, the Radiesse CaHA gel provides immediate improvement as the CaHA particles integrate into your skin and create a kind of “scaffold” that stimulates production of collagen and elastin.
- Revanesse® VERSA™ – VERSA is an HA filler developed to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and enhance facial volume. Although VERSA is comparable to other HA fillers, a characteristic that makes it unique includes its reduced risk of post-injection swelling. VERSA has been shown to produce 24% less swelling than certain other fillers. That helps to make volume correction more precise and balanced, especially when it comes to delicate areas such as under the eyes. We also feature VERSA Lips, which provides superior lip enhancement with this versatile filler.
- BELOTERO®+ – BELOTERO+ is another HA injectable gel that’s used to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate to severe nasolabial folds as well as lines and wrinkles around the lips and mouth. BELOTERO feels even more natural to the touch than other fillers and maintains normal movement and facial expressions. It’s a quick and easy treatment that provides immediate, noticeable results.
- RHA® – The RHA collection of fillers is made with a gentle manufacturing process and designed to be resilient enough to adapt to your facial movement, which may provide a more natural look. The manufacturing process helps preserve the natural structure of the HA, allowing it to resemble the HA naturally produced in your skin. RHA features three formulations (RHA2, RHA3, & RHA4), which we’ll be glad to help you determine which one is best for your aesthetic goals.
Each of these fillers are FDA approved and shown to provide consistent skin-boosting results, but each works in a somewhat different way. We’ll discuss your individual aesthetic goals during your private consultation and help you decide exactly which one will meet your needs and provide the best outcome.
Before and Afters
What areas can be treated with dermal fillers?
Fillers are so versatile they can be used to improve the following areas:
- Under eyes
- Lower Face
- Marionette lines
- Nasolabial folds
Am I a candidate for dermal fillers?
Simply put, if you’ve been hoping to tackle your lines and wrinkles or contour your facial features, then fillers may be the right treatment option for you. Fillers consistently offer great benefits for people of many ages and skin types. But for those showing more advanced signs skin laxity, however, more invasive treatment options may be required. Whatever the case, our expert team will go over all your available options at your private consultation and determine the best course of action.
Do filler injections require any downtime?
Treatment with fillers doesn’t really require any downtime, so most people go on about their normal activities the same day. We recommend, however, that you avoid any heavy physical activity for the first 24-48 hours. That will help minimize any swelling or bruising, which are typically mild side effects of injections.
What results can I expect from fillers?
Most people who have filler injections enjoy some immediate improvement in the desired area. But full benefits usually take place in a few days following injections. You may experience some slight swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection site, but these effects are most often mild and resolve in a few days.
How long do dermal fillers last?
Most fillers last anywhere from 6-12 months. Some may last longer depending on your individual body chemistry and the type of filler used. To maintain desired results, injections may be repeated periodically.
Where can I get dermal fillers in Northern Kentucky?
To find out more about the amazing world of versatile dermal fillers, call us at (859) 363-5394 to set up your private consultation. Our skin experts will go over all the details of treatment and work with you to develop a customized plan to produce beautiful results.